The Value of Administrative Professional's Role
The role of an administrator is invaluable to a business. The administrative professional is often considered an important connection that holds a team together, helping departments run smoothly and efficiently, coordinating meetings and schedules, maintaining relationships, and contributing to the growth of the company—someone considered to be the “go to” person in the office.
Administrative professionals' competencies in advanced technology and systems mindset became necessary to meet the new expectations for running offices and supporting executives. They can add tremendous value to their executive’s time, create dynamic office environment by bringing creativity, innovation, and efficiency.
Executives should support, encourage, engage and value their assistants to leverage their performance and unlock their potentials in different ways, such as:
- Understanding the business and roles
- Engaging them in some meetings and taking notes
- Control and manage the executives time
- Frequent meetings and review of actions and follow-up
- Delegate some activities and projects
- Provide expectations and feedback
- Encourage them to research and bring new innovative ideas to present for work improvements
- Most importantly recognize and value their work and support
Do you feel that your executive values your support and how? Please share with us your experience.