Managing Executive's Annual Calendar
The executive's annual calendar is important to see the future meeting and commitments on a more strategic level and helps you to identify and plan priorities in a more efficient way. Before you start designing the business calendar, prepare what should go on you executive's calendar. There are some basic inputs to the calendar such as holidays, major events, etc.; however there will be others specific ones to your executive, office and company.
Designing the executive's long-term calendar and gathering all the requirements with proper planning require critical thinking and excellent knowledge of business and understanding of executive’s roles, responsibilities, and commitments.
Here are some tips to consider when preparing your executive's long-term calendars.
- Which tool/application you think is the most appropriate one?
- What type of information should go on the calendar?
- Where should you find the sources of information and other commitments?
- Which format and colors match with the executive’s style?
- Do you need to categorize any entries or color code them?
- How long is the duration? 1, 1.5, 2 or 3 years?
- Where can it be stored, shared and accessed remotely.
- Who should have access to it and what type of access?