Planning Virtual Meetings
Virtual meetings have been around for many years and supporting business to meet faster, at any place and any time. They save time, logistics, and travel costs. After COVID-19 Pandemic, not only meetings have become more virtual, but also most of the work have become virtual, demanding more availability and reliability on technologies to ensure business continuity, where people need to communicate and meet more effectively.
Depending on the meeting type, number of participants, subject, priority, there are several factors to be considered when planning and organizing effective virtual meetings.
- Ensure that you are well skilled with the virtual meeting software used by your company.
- Procedures, guidelines, and protocols by your company for internal and external attendees.
- Attendees physical locations and time zones
- Clearly specify the roles of organizer, facilitator, and moderator,
- IT support availability during the meeting in case of technology issues.
- Reduce the meeting agenda and if necessary, break the long meetings to shorter meetings to reduce stress and ensure effective meetings.
- Allow enough breaks between virtual meetings.
- Proper screen background image depending on your venue environment and meeting type.
With more ongoing advanced technologies, you need to keep yourself updated and acquainted with new features and ideas to sustain meetings' productivity and efficiency.